"Dal Centro Della Mia Vita Venne Una Grande Fontana!! "
Translated:
"From the center of my life, there came a great fountain!!" ~Louise Gluck

30 years in one's life... a milestone perhaps, but it
may not be the 'center' of life to some. However, for me, these past years of my life have brought a transformation of sorts and clarity in many aspects of my life. Therefore it is here, now in what I believe to be my 'center of life', that I feel a great fountain has sprung forth hope and limitless possibilities of what I can dream & ultimately, accomplish!
~CHEERS!

Every Sunrise Offers a New Opportunity for Change!

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth -- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Friday, February 22, 2008

It Begins & Ends with YOU...

In speaking with a friend today who is dealing with a painful loss and heartbreak because of circumstances beyond his control, he expressed to me that he is angry with God. Allow me to preface this blog with I believe it is every person's right to 'feel' as they need to, especially in times of sorrow. I do not judge and as I have conveyed in other blogs, sometimes your heart takes over your mind; there is no reasoning to find... you just know how you feel and nothing more.

As is such, this blog is not directed at his feelings, but more so that his turmoil began the wheels turning in my own mind, about how much weight we place on God for changing, managing and curing all our problems. Don't get me wrong, I am certainly one to say, 'Let go and let God' because I do believe a.) in a Higher Power and b.) that speaking what you need and desire can bring it into existence, but at the same time, does it not require effort on our part? How many times can you find yourself in the exact same situation and cry out for help, when you haven't very well helped yourself? Albert Einstein once remarked, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I know I have had my fair share of issues that have reared their ugly head in my life, but if I give honest consideration to not just the immediate, but the events leading up to it... I can usually see where I contributed to it all going astray. If there are things going on in your life that are negative, chances are you're not doing something right. This is the hard reality I had to face 4 years ago and even still now... when things go wrong, as they often will, I have to consider... what led up to this situation? It is easy to want to blame someone for our hurt, our current demise, and I guess God is an easy target since he doesn't 'talk back' in the literal sense, but how often can we really say that when things go wrong, we do some serious introspection to change future outcomes? Are your problems of your own doing?

Don't get me wrong... tragic things befall us all. I am not speaking of an untimely death of a loved one being your fault, nor am I saying the car accident you got into, you willed into your life because you aren't doing right. But the other stuff... the stuff you COULD have prevented if you were taking care of business.... yeah, you can't be angry with God when you didn't care enough to take care of you and yours. He can only do so much, the rest is up to you. Praying for that guy to start treating you right, isn't going to happen... you have to leave that joker who shows you no respect and seek a MAN that knows a woman's worth. Just praying for money to come flowing in, or someone to help you get a job, a degree, an opportunity- whatever... isn't going to happen! You have to work for it, seek it, earn it or look for it... it's up to you!

Now, I am not discrediting prayer by any means, because I believe that when you're heart is in the right place, when you are doing right and seeking to find, they are answered. There are too many miracles that I have witnessed or heard of in people's lives not to believe that there is a Higher Power looking out for us all, but in the end it is up to us to start the process and finish the race. We are resilient creatures, and stronger because of our battles that we win in life, but to blame God or anyone else for that matter, or to try to justify your current situation and allow yourself to sink to a level of sub-par, is just unacceptable! Some people may disagree with my theology, but the fact of doing for yourself and not blaming your slights in life on others, is tried and true! There are too many people in this world with less- ability, money, love, opportunity, etc - for any of us to be complaining about what we aren't getting or what we need to make it happen.

You want change in your life? You have to be the change... it will always start with you.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments:

"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." ~Albert Einstein