"Dal Centro Della Mia Vita Venne Una Grande Fontana!! "
Translated:
"From the center of my life, there came a great fountain!!" ~Louise Gluck

30 years in one's life... a milestone perhaps, but it
may not be the 'center' of life to some. However, for me, these past years of my life have brought a transformation of sorts and clarity in many aspects of my life. Therefore it is here, now in what I believe to be my 'center of life', that I feel a great fountain has sprung forth hope and limitless possibilities of what I can dream & ultimately, accomplish!
~CHEERS!

Every Sunrise Offers a New Opportunity for Change!

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth -- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Choose...

There comes a time in one's life I do believe, that things slow down enough to reflect, to consider where you've been, who you've been, and where you want to be- both on a physical and emotional level. 9 days rambling in another country will do that a bit for you as well. ;)

Introspection is key to progression and while sometimes it can be difficult to be really honest on these levels with oneself, I do think it is important to come to terms with what we are truly living for in our lifetime. Is it the pursuit of money, power, fame... is it to give to others what we have been given... is it to love our family and friends and do the best we can in that pursuit.... is it to give back to those who are without, or are in need? We all have a purpose. A given life of opportunity to create an impact in the world- be it through our children, our personal work, or some other mission we feel compelled to complete. And there within those moments of reflection, it's easy to see where we have went awry and to be blinded or even discouraged by our mistakes which have led us upon a path to our present.

However, in these moments, I do believe it is equally important to learn to let go as well. There are some situations which have passed in my own life which I am not happy, nor proud that occurred, but I took them as they came and did the best I knew how in the midst of the turmoil. During my own heartache and disconnect from the world for a time, I know I hurt people along the way and I think that has been the hardest thing to deal with... even though forgiveness has been shown... the disappointment of letting the people down who were there for you for forever is tough. I have to say, forgiveness is refreshing though and love is a powerful thing, and I am truly blessed for those who are in my life today- new and old- who have helped me overcome, gave me reality checks when I needed them and have loved me even when I have been a complete ass. Hey, it happens... I am so far from perfect, :) but I am grateful. I suppose we all have our moments of 'bumping our heads' and losing perspective at times. It is only human to err. I know I am def a work in progress on that note. ;)

Today, there are some words which sit close to my heart and I wanted to share these thoughts and some words of someone's work I truly admire- Max Lucado. I think the sentiment ties in for most people in life, and not only about the love and forgiveness we show others, but remembering that once you've walked that road, to shed a little upon yourself as well. Life can be hell at times, or at least feel that way, and you just never know who is in the midst of it at any given moment.

Remember: life is short- so love often, freely and immensely, and forgive quickly... no one said it's easy, just what we should try to do each day. ... and thank goodness for all that! :)



I choose peace... I will live forgiven and treat others accordingly. I will forgive so that I may live.

I choose love. No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose to love even those that feel at times unlovable, or that choose to hurt me... even though it is quite the challenge.

I choose kindness... I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone. Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I choose goodness... I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked before I will boast. I will confess before I will accuse. I choose goodness.

I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice to someone may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer to help me cope. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself to become better.

I choose joy... I will refuse the temptation to be cynical... the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God's push for me to become more.

I choose patience... I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I'll invite him to do so. Rather than complaining that the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to reflect. Instead of clinching my fist at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.

I choose faithfulness... I will be committed to my word and in my deed, to whomever and whenever.

I choose self-control... I will live the best life I can, in the measures which I know will provide for such a life and not abuse the gift of life I have been given.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much; who has enjoyed the trust of pure women, the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children; who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; who has left the world better than he found it, whether an improved flower, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had; whose life was an inspiration; whose memory a benediction.

~Bessie Anderson Stanley, 1904

No comments:

"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." ~Albert Einstein