"Dal Centro Della Mia Vita Venne Una Grande Fontana!! "
Translated:
"From the center of my life, there came a great fountain!!" ~Louise Gluck

30 years in one's life... a milestone perhaps, but it
may not be the 'center' of life to some. However, for me, these past years of my life have brought a transformation of sorts and clarity in many aspects of my life. Therefore it is here, now in what I believe to be my 'center of life', that I feel a great fountain has sprung forth hope and limitless possibilities of what I can dream & ultimately, accomplish!
~CHEERS!

Every Sunrise Offers a New Opportunity for Change!

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth -- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Aguas Calientes isn´t so hot afterall...

As yet again- no internet. lol It´s not that I have to have it, but when you´re suppose to be doing a research paper.. ummm... due next Monday and cannot access your blackboard. yah, it´s a problem! lol I left Olly this afternoon around, well noon... and the train ride was incredible. I wanted to lull off to sleep w- the the rythym (i so know that isn´t spelled right but I couldn´t find spell ck w- the S. American internet portal i am on! lol), but the scenery was so breath taking! Boulders, larger than anything I have ever seen in my life sit within a river the color of jade, while mountains jut up so far that it makes your neck to look that far up! Possibly why they have windows at the top of the train??? hahaha I arrived to find that my transport was not present, as he may arrived any time w- a half hour or so, Latin culture is verrrrrrrrrrry different w- time... the pace is slow. Which is perfectly OK by me IF I am not lugging a backpack and a bolso filled w- goodies for friends and fam. Yah, I looked like a bag lady... a hot sweaty, albeit fairly still cute (if I may say so, as I wasn´t all dirty and such like some bag ladies can be, eh? ... just overloaded), bag lady! hahahaha

So, determined to get where I was going I started up the street from the station, asking locals as I went and surprise! ... of course!.... no one knew where my hostel was. Finally, I popped into a travel agencia and asked... he said he thought it was across the bridge, up the hill and over to the left... mind you this is in all in Spanish, so he may have told me the exact location, but what I got is what I just gave you!!! hahahaha So off I went, my legs burning and my chest feeling as if it might explode, and as of this writing, it still feels pretty tight. While I have not had altitude sickness, as I took certain measures I read about as I have gone along, the air does make it difficult to breathe.

Sometimes, like yesterday, when I climbed ruins in Olly at the top of the mountain, I had to stop multiple times to catch my breathe. I am in awww of older people doing this trip, as it is enough to make you want to go home and sleep for sure. Speaking of sleeping! lol I´ve napped more than I ever have in my life-- you can just call me Albert Einstein (he was known for his sporadic sleep patterns) this week!! LOL Crazy... I´ll lay down after trekking a bit and then get up in a couple hours have a bite to eat, shop, rest and read... check for the internet that never works!! lol and then go have some cafe con leche (OMG THE BEST coffee ever is here!!! nothing will ever compare again... boooohooooo!) and sit and take in the beauty of the people and the surroundings, and then go back to sleep! lol

Anyway... back to the Agua that aint so hot tonight.... the biggest, baddest, darkest, scariest storm I´ve ever seen swept across the mountains tonight, just after I had checked into my hostal ... which btw, has no back to it from the 2nd floor up... yes, completely open, no wall on entire backside of the building. It´s cool...until the storm came! lol You could see the dark looming between the mountains in the distance and the dark streams that one recognizes as rain in the distance. As it came forward, the mountains disappeared in the darkness of the storm, thunder rumbled above me as if God himself was on the roof bowling and lightening sparked like flash photography. It was nuts. All seemed well, until I looked to my left side of my room and water was coming in from somewhere???? lol IDK. Still don´t I just sopped it up w- a towel in my room and figured it was part of my ´backpacking´experience hahahha So needless to say, no hot springs meh.

I did get to see a futbol game tonight inside a lil arena in town and had some great Lomo Saltado ... yummmmy... w- a good cerveza. Did a lil perusing of the town, until I felt as if my lungs might collapse!! ahhahaha and then stumbled across this internet shop... not even a cafe. Think a room the size of bathroom w- a few terminals. HA! After I shut down here, it´s off to bed for me, as I leave to M.P. tomorrow at 5-30am, then back into Aguas to the train station to Poroy, to Cuzco where I´ll be until Saturday. I am thinking as sore as I am now... don´t laugh... you´d be surprise how steep every friggin street and road is in this place!!! ahahha ... I am getting a massage after I get back tomorrow before hopping the train for sure! Hmmm.... Andean massage? don´t know what that means... or a Swedish massage.... choices choices choices! ahahahha I am going to need something for sure!

I miss everyone at this point in my trip terribly. I think it´s being cut off from my phone-- I never realized I am a telephone junkie, but I guess I need my amigos terribly! Anyway, that´s all... gotta get to some homework before this joijnt shuts down.

Chao bbs!!!

No comments:

"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." ~Albert Einstein