"Dal Centro Della Mia Vita Venne Una Grande Fontana!! "
Translated:
"From the center of my life, there came a great fountain!!" ~Louise Gluck

30 years in one's life... a milestone perhaps, but it
may not be the 'center' of life to some. However, for me, these past years of my life have brought a transformation of sorts and clarity in many aspects of my life. Therefore it is here, now in what I believe to be my 'center of life', that I feel a great fountain has sprung forth hope and limitless possibilities of what I can dream & ultimately, accomplish!
~CHEERS!

Every Sunrise Offers a New Opportunity for Change!

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth -- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Friday, March 21, 2008

Moments...

Moments fleeting at lightening speed, in every direction, at all times. Where you were yesterday, is not where you are today - who you were yesterday, is not who you are today. Every moment defines us, molds us and thus, makes us who we are and who we will become. Life is change. Whether you 'choose' to change or not, life will still change you for the good or bad, but this we can choose. Sometimes the changes are in small and what seems inconsequential moments, and yet, sometimes it's in the monumental moments by which we will never be the same. It truly is up to us though what we do with these moments, before their timely or untimely departures.

My moments have been a series of ups and downs, as those who know me well would acknowledge. At one point, I lost everything I thought I held dear to me; it was my darkest hour. And while I sat in those moments, lost and alone, weary and without a plan, I had a realization.... no, more like a revelation. I say this to you with all sincerity... it was within those moments of despair that I honestly let go- of my anguish about my material possessions lost, the love of my life (or so I thought within that moment) letting our marriage go due to his addiction to drugs, my so-called friends, which were no where to be found; of all of it. It just didn't quite matter as much anymore. I had to face my situation and come to terms with it- alone. Yes, I cried... profusely! lol Yes, there were nights I didn't sleep playing over and over what could of, should of, would I have done, but there was nothing left to do than to let go and pray to God for anything but where I was at. And it was within this 'moment' when I did let go, things started to change... I, began to change. Not anything miraculous, but slowly and steadily.

There is a sense of peace that washes over you when you forgive and come to terms with your trials and your journey. You gain strength and along that road, you gain courage and with courage, you gain confidence that you can tackle anything that comes your way. You gain an appreciation for the simple things in life, the realization that everything you have in abundance can be gone in a blink of an eye. You have a deeper understanding of who you truly are and don't really care about other people's thoughts of you... you become stronger for it all. I suppose you could become bitter as well, but this was not my case. It strengthened me, and made me look to God as my sole source of comfort and hope. I began to understand just how precious life truly was and my decisions, some of which had lead me to the moments of despair, will always build upon each other- good or bad, but ultimately, I am in control of which ones. I have a lot to be thankful for, and while I would probably take a different route so as to avoid the heartache, I wouldn't change the end result as it has made me who I am today. A more forgiving, humble, compassionate, and deeper person... whereas 4 years ago, I was lacking.

This weekend as we all take time to be with our families and contemplate the truly ultimate gift given to us all, my hope is that you will come to peace with your own trials, your current journey in life and forgive others in your life, as you are forgiven from above. Remember, life IS a series of moments, but within ONE moment it can all be over.

Peace and blessings to you all!

Have a wonderful weekend...
~Shalen

No comments:

"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." ~Albert Einstein